This year’s International Day Festival happens on Saturday, November 19, from 10AM – 2PM at the Marmara Campus. It is our biggest school-wide event of the year and a fun-filled day for the whole family with:
- Sixteen booths representing 25 countries for sharing food, culture and fun facts from around the world. It is not too late to get in touch with the International Day Team, if you wish to represent your homeland.
- The International Parade that will kick-off the celebration of our diverse homelands while cherishing our rich community. Show your flag and country colors and sign-up.
- Sports & Games & Workshops – Want to try something new, like riding a motocross bike? Or learning the basics of African or Turkish dance? How about understanding Body Balancing? Come and explore something new!
- The Bazaar – Shop for arts & crafts, designer accessories and much more. Don’t miss a great opportunity to buy unique gifts for the upcoming holiday season. We will have over 20 different vendors including local artists, talented IICS members, and impressive charitable initiatives. The vendors will only be able to accept cash.
- Silent Auction – Come and bid for country baskets (generously offered by various IICS Country Teams) and other unique and exclusive items which you won’t get anywhere else.
If you are traveling to your home country for the upcoming break, don’t forget to bring back some specialty items for the auction and country baskets. It is not too late to participate.
A big part of International Day’s proceeds are dedicated to our newest PTA initiative, the PTA & CAS Foundation. The Foundation empowers our students to support local organisations that are dedicated to improving the lives of underprivileged children in an effective and sustainable way. A portion of the money raised will also be donated to the PTA Students Grant Program and to various community building activities.
International Day’s success depends on the support of the entire IICS community! Please come and celebrate with us. We would also be very grateful if you could spare some time to volunteer for as little as 30 minutes. There are numerous opportunities.
Please also note that there will be FREE Mitur buses running from and to Akmerkez, Istinye and Kemer. Please reserve your seat no later than November 17th.
We are looking forward to seeing you at this exciting day! If you have any questions or would like to volunteer for any of of the activities mentioned above, please feel free to contact us.